Sunday, January 11, 2009

Long Day = Short Story

Short story: Had a wonderful day out with the dogs. Tired me out, so lets get right to it.

This is a bad introduction. I do not remember this dog's name. However he is in luck as he has the cutest face. With this cute face comes a bad genetic disorder. Non-photogenicism. Seriously this dog wants nothing to do with the camera. Awesome dog, just not a fan of the Canon.



Josie the Iditarod qualifier. Feather-light weight class division of course. Also would probably rule at King of the Mountain. Loved to climb up the mounds of snow and bolt.



Snow the German Shepherd. Seeing the massive size of this dog, we went straight to the run area. After a short while, I noticed that Snow was leaving little drops of blood. So we went inside and had it looked at. Snow had a tiny cut under her nail. We then had to spend some time indoors which pretty much meant that I handed over all my treats pronto. In case you were wondering like me, Snow is also a Canadian rapper with the 1993 one-hit The Informer. Which one would I rather throw a ball to? Tough question.





The Dude abides. Each week The Dude is getting better about his possessive behavior. Now when he retrieves the ball, he drops it and lets me pick it up. This may not seem like much, but it is a big step for The Dude and I am proud of him. Encouraged by The Dude's latest hurdle, I did a little research on dudeism and found a great site - http://www.dudesim.com/ - The Church of The Latter-Day Dude.




Dunkin with Oreo. Although, I have never had the pleasure of walking a fresh sheered sheep, I bet it would look much like my walk with Oreo today. Sweet dog. baaaaa.



Relcome Roscoe. Tons of energy. Roscoe loves to run after the ball - after being the key word. The ball never rolled back my way. Half way through our time in the run area today, Roscoe started to show signs of actual retrieving. With added encouragement Roscoe did it! He is now retrieving the ball. Either he learned this today or I was being played. I can be a sucker.






No animal should ever jump up on the dining room furniture unless absolutely certain that he can hold his own in the conversation -- Fran Lebowitz

3 comments:

  1. Informer? Oh man, why can't they make good music like that anymore? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot one last thought. Thank you Mom!
    For Christmas, Mom gave me a huge bag of compressed rawhide dog bones. Was able to hand them out yesterday. Each dog loved them - they knew it was something of their own to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete